Click for a menu of all my blogs

Click for a menu of all my blogs

http://chaplainwinston.blogspot.com

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

HANGING OUT WITH JESUS

The twelve disciples found out that they had to hang out with Jesus for a long time before they could figure out what He was talking about, or before He revealed what He meant. Some thing's they did not understand until after His resurrection.

A disciple is just a follower. There were some that followed Jesus but left when He said what they called a hard saying. They either did not understand what He meant, or took it literally and found it to be disgusting. Jesus said that if you don't eat of my flesh and drink of my blood you have no part of me.

Jesus made it clear to the twelve Apostles some time later in the upper room. While sharing the Passover meal He offered them bread. He said this is my flesh, eat all of it. He then offered them wine and said this is my blood, drink all of it. He also said to continue to do this in remembrance of Me, because He knew He was going to die for our sins on the cross shortly. He left part of Himself behind that we could touch and feel until His return.

Even today we need to hang out with Jesus a long time before we can figure out what He was talking about, or before He reveals what He meant.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment